McGhee Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our firm is currently not advertising any employment opportunities. However, we encourage all job-seeking candidates to either e-mail their resume and qualifications to us, or mail it to us at our mailing address.
McGhee Engineering, Inc.
Attention: Office Manager
P.O. Box 267
Guthrie, Kentucky 42234
We will attempt to file all resumes received for a later date at which time we may be actively seeking new employees. In the mean time, we encourage all prospectivce candidates to regulary check the Opportunites Page of our web site.
Survey Technician will assist our survey crew to conduct boundary surveys, topographic surveys using both GPS and LiDAR technologies, as well as utilize drones for aerial site photos and translate survey data to prepare plan sets and plats. Most work will be in the field, with some survey data work in the office.
- Acquire data collection for initial design of sewer, water, structural, roadway and other miscellaneous civil engineering projects.
- Utilize AutoCAD & Civil 3D for data conversion and initial drafting of projects.
- Preparation of plans and specifications for water systems and wastewater systems.
- Construction resident observation of water and sewer line construction.
- Familiar with both GPS and conventional survey equipment and procedures.
- Prior experience in land surveying, and AutoCAD.
- Four-year degree preferred, but not required. Applicants currently enrolled in college and interested in becoming a Licensed Professional Surveyor are encouraged to apply.
Senior Civil AutoCAD Technician
- Familiarity with Utility and Pipeline design and plan production
- Preparation of civil engineering drawings and plan sets; setting up sheet files, model files and survey files, editing files based on markups.
- Detailing and development of construction plans including plan and profiles.
- Able to use station offset methods to set points
- Estimate manhours required to complete CAD projects
- Collaboration with Project Managers and Staff Engineers
- Highly proficient in Civil 3D, including importing survey data, building surfaces, building dynamic pipe networks, feature lines and grading.
- Proficient in ArcGIS Pro, ability to perform tasks such as creating maps and exhibits, creating and editing shapefiles, using ArcGIS Online.
- Knowledge of Carlson to interpret survey data
- Minimum of 5 years working with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Minimum of 2 years working with ArcGIS
- Past experience working as a CAD technician at an engineering firm, preferably Civil
Civil Engineering Intern
- Assistance in Utility and Pipeline plan production in AutoCAD
- Permit management for projects including managing and compiling data for applications and communicating with City officials.
- Attending construction and design meetings.
- Work in Excel, Microsoft Word, Bluebeam, and OneDrive.
- Currently enrolled as student studying Civil Engineering at an ABET Accredited College.
- Applicants must be in their junior or senior year.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organizational skills.