The City of Elkton will receive separate, sealed Bids for their Sidewalk Replacement Project until 10:00 a.m. local time, Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at the Elkton City Hall, 71 Public Square P.O. Box 578, Elkton, Kentucky, 42220, at which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud. The Contract involves the replacement of three short sections of concrete sidewalks, totaling nearly 215 SY, all within the city limits of Elkton, Kentucky. Bids are to be addressed to the City of Elkton, P.O. Box 578, Elkton, Kentucky, 42220, and shall be marked “Sealed Bid – Sidewalk Replacement Project.” Bids are also to include on the outside, Bidder’s name and address and the Bid receipt date and time. Bids shall be prepared in compliance with the requirements of the Instructions to Bidders.
The Issuing Office for the Bidding Documents is: McGhee Engineering, Inc., at P.O. Box 267, 202 South Ewing Street, Guthrie, Kentucky 42234 or by calling (270) 483-9985. Perspective Bidders may examine the Bidding Documents at the Issuing Office on Mondays through Fridays between the hours of 8:30-4:30 pm, and may obtain copies of the Bidding Documents from the Issuing Office as described below. No Bid will be considered unless accompanied by a cashier's, certified or bank check or a Bid Bond equal to at least five percent of the maximum Bid, payable to the OWNER as a guarantee that after a Bid is accepted. Bidder will execute and file the Agreement and 100% Performance and Payment Bonds within fifteen days after the tentative Notice of Award. Contract award shall be made based on the lowest, responsive, responsible Bid. The City of Elkton reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, to waive any technicality, and to accept any Bid which it deems advantageous. All Bids shall remain subject to acceptance for 90 days after the time set for opening Bids. Note that the OWNER reserves the right to award only a portion of the work, at the stated unit prices, due to limited funds available for the project. The City of Elkton is an equal opportunity employer and encourages minority and small businesses to bid on all projects.
All taxes, fees, and licenses are the responsibility of the successful Bidder unless specifically exempted in the Bidding Documents.
- Fairview Concrete, LLC
9120 Butler Road
Hopkinsville, KY 42240
- Knight Construction & Excavating Inc, 80 Jewell City Road, P.O. Box 146, Slaughters, KY, 42456
- Adams Contracting, LLC, 131 Prosperous Place, Suite 19A, Lexington, KENTUCKY, 40509
- Little job Big job, 1642 Hadden mill rd, Elkton, Ky, 42220
- T A GADDIS SERVICES LLC, 4677 LONESOME PINE TRAIL, OWENSBORO, KY, 42301
- Southern Contractor of KY LLC, 1080 high moore rd, london, ky, 40741
- Scott, Murphy & Daniel, LLC - Bowling Green, KY, 2335 Barren River Road, Bowling Green, Kentucky, 42101
- Quality RRC Inc., 8702 Stewarts Ferry Pike Suite #103, Mt. Juliet, Tennessee, 37122
- JR ConstructonTennessee INC., 4957 Drakes Branch RD, Nashville, TN, 37218